Monday, May 30, 2011

To Nairobi

To Nairobi
May 25
6 more days left.  We drove down to Nairobi with Roseline Yego, or more commonly known as the Bishop’s wife. Matthews drove us down and I swear that man owns the road. He’s a great driver and I wish he drove me everywhere I went since I’ve been in Kenya.  Anyway, it took us forever to get down here, but we finally made it to Bishop’s house.  We had tea and waited for traffic to lighten up a bit before we took off for the Eastlands and Stellah’s house. When we left the Bishops it was 7:15pm, we finally go to  Stellah’s house after 9pm.  It took us 2 hours to drive through Nairobi because of traffic. It was insane!! I know Nairobi is a major city, and it’s the biggest city in East Africa I think, but 2 hours is a little excessive I think.
Once we finally arrived we got settled in and had supper.  It was good, rice with a bean type stew.  Again Alice wanted me to eat a lot more than I did, I guess some things will never change. I was full so I stopped eating. Simple really.  Now I’m in a bedroom, I think it’s Ian’s room and I’m about ready to hit the HAY.  I’m beat. I wish I could have stayed at Bishop’s place. Then I could hang out with David for a bit. He’s a nice guy, and he’s cute to boot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment